Think you know social media? These 10 recent statistics may surprise you, and might even make you rethink your social media strategy.
1. The Fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 age bracket.
2. 189 million of Facebook’s users are “mobile only“.
3. Youtube reaches more adults in the US aged 18-34, than any cable network.
4. Every second, 2 members join Linkedin.
5. Social media has overtaken porn as the number one activity on the web.
7. Social media is used by 93% of marketers in business.
8. 25% of smartphone owners ages 18-44 say they can’t recall the last time their smartphone wasn’t next to them.
9. This year, even though 62% of marketers blog or plan to, only 9% of US marketing companies have employed a full time blogger.
10. Nearly 25% of Facebook users don’t bother with privacy settings.
What kind of impact will these social media stats have on your business? If you have any questions about these we’re here to help you. Contact us today!
The above stats were taken from FastCompany’s recent article about surprising social media stats. Click here to view the entire article.