Some may claim there is little value in blogging. We strongly disagree. Yes, maintaining a blog can be time consuming, and does require commitment and focus to develop valuable articles which are worth reading. But here are 10 good reasons why a blog does give you value.
1. Blogging increases your website search ranking; in other words it boosts your SEO. Why? Because blogging causes your website which causes the search engines to crawl it again to note the changes. It will get you more traffic and more links to your website.
2. Use your own domain (www.yourURL.com) for the blog. It publishes your domain on the web and could bring additional traffic to your website .
3. A blog can be the foundation of your website launch. Think of your blog like a journal for your website which chronicles its event through the growth (life) of your website.
4. Blogging may take a bit of time but it isn’t very difficult. Post anything you like to your blog: product/service updates, news, video, images, etc. Any content you create or comment on can be posted on your blog as well.
5. Social media sharing of your blog helps gets you more traffic and more links. If you put your social media streams on your site, it provides even more changing content to your site (remember point #1 about changing content).
7. If you need a post a press release, you could post in your blog. People who don’t like to read press releases may still see it since it’s in your blog. And maybe those who don’t like to read blogs will read it because it’s titled, press release.
8. People enjoy reading free tips and tricks. If you write useful/helpful material your blog posts are more likely to be read and shared. That increases your website traffic.
9. You can re-purpose any (useful) content you already have on your blog. Posting existing but beneficial information may get noticed a second time around.
10. In regards to SEO, blogging gets you the most value for your time. For the reasons mentioned above, a blog on your website can make your website and your social media links more popular… all which will in turn make get you the necessary inbound links to boost your SEO.
Need help getting your blog started? Have any questions about blogging and/or SEO?